HealthCamp UK 2009 is kindly hosted by the NHS Innovation Expo
. Attendees who are selected for HealthCamp UK on June 19th will also get tickets to enter the NHS Innovation Expo on June 18th.
1. An innovative trade fair
From core healthcare companies to telecoms providers, charities and aerospace, the trade fair features the latest developments from many of the key innovators in the sector. As well as the exhibitor showcases, there are other themed areas within the main hall, including a ‘Stay Healthy’ zone, a virtual surgery, help zone, innovation house, innovation pods and networking areas.
NASA • Toshiba • Convidien • Medtronic • GSK • Nintendo • PASA • DiabetesUK • The Design Council • Boots • CISCO • Intel • EPRSC • Docobo • Honeywell • Stryker • Vodafone • Deltex • Imperial College • Intuitive Surgical • National Technology Adoption Centre • Lilly • Michelson Diagnostics and Capgemini
2. A high profile main stage speaker programme
The EXPO has attracted a panel of inspirational speakers from the public and private sector, including scientists, entrepreneurs, academics and ministers. Their specialist topics will cover innovation from every angle – from Eureka moment to commercial application, from today’s realities to tomorrow’s possibilities.
- Doug Comstock, NASA, Director of Innovative Partnerships Program NASA
- Jonathan Kestenbaum, CEO NESTA
- Louis burns, Digital Healthcare innovation VP Intel
- Lord Darzi, Creating and enabling innovation
- David Kester, CEO Design Council
- Peter Cochrane, Founder of BT Future Lab
- Martha Lane Fox, Co-founder of Lastminute.com
- Ben Page, MD Public Affairs, IPSOS Mori
- Mark Britnell, DG for Commissioning & System Management at DH
- Charles Leadbeater, Authority on Innovation & Creativity
- David Nicholson, NHS Chief Executive
- Kevin Dean, MD Connected Health CISCO
3. A comprehensive programme of innovation seminars
The seminar programme will take place in 12 seminar halls, each themed and chaired by a key industry figure. The chairs will set the agenda for their own room, and run a set of modular seminars, discussions, workshops and clinics led by invited speakers and delegates. Seminar content will be available on the website as and when it is finalised.
4. An interactive on and off line multimedia event
The EXPO is being created to make it as easy as possible for delegates to participate, and in the lead-up to the event the website at nhsinnovationweek.co.uk will have all the news, registration details and a virtual tour. The multimedia technology available at the EXPO itself will include a TV studio, recording and editing facilities, an innovation wall including SMS and video box footage, and innovation pods for creating vox pops, completing surveys and joining Twitter.